Friday, June 16, 2006

Heavy in the Homeschool Conference Season

I am just now recovering from my biggest homeschool conference of the year out at the Dulles Expo Center at which I had Dr. Cuddeback, Prof. Bersnak, and Dr. O'Donnell speak in addition to some other big names like Dr. Alice von Hildebrand, etc. It went fairly smoothly this year dispite that fact that we changed locations (had been in the Dulles Hilton Hotel before). We about 1,200 to 1,300 people which to my knowledge makes us the largest Catholic homeschooling conference in the country (and I guess the world too since it doesn't exist too much outside the U.S. and Canada). Now, I am off to another conference in Indiana.

Preparing for a conference is sort of like taking finals. You don't sleep much leading up to it, and then you give it a colossal effort after which you don't feel like you have anything left to give, though strangely you are still on a high of some sort,though I wouldn't call it adrenaline,over-stimulation is more like it.

No comments: