Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Promotion for Archbishop Burke

Did you see the news? Archbishop Burke of St. Louis--a man from Richland Center, WI, and my former bishop in the diocese of La Crosse--has been promoted. He will now serve as the prefect of the Apostolic Signature, the Church's supreme court.

This is so incredibly cool. I served Mass for this man on at least three occasions and I received confirmation from him. I saw some of the hard lines he drew while back in Wisconsin, and I saw how effective they were. He really is an incredible man.

He also was the one who offered the Mass for Christendom's 30th anniversary, and I have heard that he was almost our graduating speaker in 2007.

God Bless Archbishop Burke!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Amen! This news is definitely a good sign for the Church.

I didn't know you were confirmed by him, Andy. How are things going with your internship?

Andy Bodoh said...

It is going pretty well. I am working at the National Right to Life and doing medical research now, looking at when the medical literature actually considers abortion necessary for the woman's health or life. We also have the NRLC's annual convention starting Thursday.